Grunt is always running when I’m writing or designing. It handles a few things, as defined in my Gruntfile.
This is my process:
- SVGMin to minify my SVG files and remove unnecessary code
- SVG2PNG to make PNG copies of my SVG files
- Sass to make authoring my stylesheets easier
- Autoprefixer to prefix CSS properties and values as needed
- Jekyll to build my site into static HTML files
- Finally, a “watch” task to watch my files for changes and perform the above tasks
Jekyll builds my site in a
_site directory, which is ignored by Git so that I don’t end up with duplicate content and unnecessary bloat on GitHub.
When my post or design changes are in a state I’m happy with, I commit my changes and push to GitHub.